Sunday, April 1, 2012

in the making


A week ago in Göteborg.
Workshop at Rum för Papper, making book boxes with ten enthusiastic participants with various backgrounds; photographers, graphic designers, record label owner, textile artist, author, stylist and otherwise generally interested paper nerds :)
Shop dog Kellogs couldn't care less and didn't understand all the fuss about paper, cardboard and glue.


Yesterday I visited Magasin 3, to see an exhibition with chinese artist Ai Wei Wei. It was extremely interesting, gripping and touching. One of those artists that leave a huge mark in history. 
One thing annoyed me though; the museum was swarming with show guards looking over ones shoulder to make sure nothing was touched or that you weren't standing too close. A paradox, since his art also criticizes surveillance...

4 comments:

  1. heh heh, good point. I have to say I remember having to resist the totally ridiculous impulse to snatch one of the sunflower seeds in his Tate Modern installation...so maybe those guards are not all bad and wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean...:)) I would have loved just to be able touch them... It must have been a sight at Tate, lucky you! This installation "only" consisted of a "small" pile of seeds :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I set off an alarm, in an art museum, one time, by leaning over to look at something.

    Yikes.

    On the other hand, I have seen someone go up to a painting in the National Gallery and touch it! I was the one telling her "Don't touch anything!!!" I wished an alarm had blared at her when she got close, before she actually touched it......

    ReplyDelete
  4. aagh - how annoying, you didn't even touch the piece, which the other person did! Alarms in the wrong place apparently...

    ReplyDelete